Using a Bella Puzzle as Your Wedding Guest Book Alternative.
How do you set up and use a Bella Puzzle guest book alternative at a wedding or other special event?
There are good choices, and there are bad choices.
It all begins with how you display the puzzle.
1. Start with disassembled puzzle pieces spread on a table.
- Display the disassembled puzzle pieces upside down on a table, next to the pens that came with your puzzle.
- Make sure there is room on the table for re-assembling the guest book puzzle next to the upside down pieces. It's also good to leave enough space for drinks and purses on the table. Guests may need to set those down while they sign a puzzle piece.
- Leave instructions for guests to sign the correct side of a puzzle piece.
- Guests can assemble the puzzle as it's being signed, or they can deposit the puzzle pieces in a decorative container on the table.
- Be sure to have someone monitor the puzzle - guests sometimes think the puzzle pieces are wedding favors! Appoint someone (the wedding planner or one of her assistants) to collect the puzzle before the event is over.
Shown here: PHOTO Puzzle.
2. Start with a puzzle assembled on a table.
- Display the assembled guest book puzzle right-side-up on a table, next to the pens that came with it.
- Leave instructions for guests. You might say something like “sign ONE piece, then put it back into its place.”
- Less space is required if you display the unsigned pieces in their assembled state.
Shown here: WOOD Puzzle.
3. Start with puzzle pieces in a decorative container.
- Display the disassembled puzzle guest book in a basket or other decorative container.
- Ask guests to sign the puzzle and deposit their signed pieces into a second container.
- This requires less space than option 1 or 2, but guests will not get to see the signed and assembled puzzle.
Shown here: WOOD puzzle.
There are over a dozen styles of Bella Puzzles. View the entire collection here.
So those are the GOOD ways to set up your guest book puzzle. What are the bad ones?
4. Mail the puzzle pieces to your guests before the event Please don't do this!
- We don't recommend separating the puzzle pieces.
- Some guests will forget to bring them to the wedding, others will simply lose them. Some guests won't attend, so you lose their pieces.
- Bella Puzzles CAN replace puzzle pieces, but it is time-consuming, and there is a fee for every puzzle piece you need replaced.
5. Set a few puzzle pieces on each dinner table at the reception. Please don't do this either!
- Never separate the puzzle pieces.
- Puzzle pieces look awful with wine spilled on them.
- As mentioned, Bella Puzzles CAN replace puzzle pieces, but it is time-consuming, and there is a fee for every puzzle piece you need replaced.
Shown here: TREE, FLOWER, HEART, AMPERSAND, and CUSTOM SHAPE puzzles
Please choose one of the three approved methods for setting up your puzzle guest book.
I hope these suggestions help. If you have any other ideas for ways to use a puzzle guest book at an event, I'd love to hear about it.
All my best,
Leave a Reply